[Community-Discuss] The Looting of AFRINIC

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Dec 6 13:32:44 UTC 2019

In message <ADB4B4B1-1713-4532-ACF5-E42A2EC99F59 at wacren.net>,
Omo Oaiya <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net> wrote:

>I read from the press link you shared and on the member's list that

>AFRINIC is conducting an internal investigation as would be expected and

>that it will be concluded shortly.

Swell. When?

Give me a date certain by which this matter will receive a full and
formal response from the board or the CEO.

May the membership and the community expect a concrete response on this
matter by, say, Saint Valentine's Day, 2020? By Nelson Mandela Day, 2020?
Later?

More to the point, can you tell me when Mr. Byaruhanga's currently scheduled
last day on the job will be? Can you tell me whether he still has unfettered
read/write access to the WHOIS data base as we speak?

Regards,
rfg