[Community-Discuss] Internet shutdown in Africa

Dewole Ajao dewole at forum.org.ng
Tue Apr 30 20:20:22 UTC 2019

I was of the opinion that this was a community discussion and we were
each speaking in our capacity as (potentially) affected users - not from
an AFRINIC perspective; AFRINIC does not determine the engagement in our
countries anyway.

You are right, though - the local Internet Governance initiative such as
Benin IGF (if it exists in a multi- stakeholder fashion) would be a good
platform for engaging with and educating the policy makers.

Dewole.