[Community-Discuss] Due diligence taken before hiring Afrinic HR Manager

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Mon Mar 26 19:53:18 UTC 2018

Just some thoughts and observations…

Firstly – We don’t know for a fact that the individual referred to in those documents is the same one that works for AfriNIC (I found more than one individual with that same name in Mauritius).
Secondly – based on the second article – the allegations against the Co-operative were thoroughly investigated and lead to legal action against those complicit – as in – everyone was found to be complicit – got arrested – and since Mr Yoolseeya – if it is the same individual – was not arrested – I question how you can claim he is liable *IF* he is the same individual.
Thirdly – The individual was hired before the current CEO took up his position – he was hired under the reign of another CEO – so the question about what due diligence was done by the CEO before hiring senior staff – would need to be directed at the former CEO, or the persons directly responsible for his hiring – in the case of that being the former CEO – you’d need to ask him – in the case of it being anyone else – they probably cannot disclose what due diligence turned up because of privacy laws.

Andrew