[Community-Discuss] Allegation of Harassment

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Thu Mar 22 14:16:19 UTC 2018

Hi Evelyn,

> I seem to get a general sense that the sexual allegations are a lesser concern to this community than the NDA violation. To me, both offenses carry the same weight and therefore should be treated with the same level of urgency.

I personally feel that the sexual allegations are more disturbing than the NDA violation. It's just that there is already an admission on the NDA issue, so we can take more immediate action on that.

> One of the reasons more women are not in this tech Industry even after studying and excelling in Technology and Engineering degrees is because of fear of their own safety. We must be very vocal on issues of sexual harassment especially in a male-dominated field.

I fully agree. Proper professional and respectful behaviour is extremely important. Every time I see a violation to these simple human principles it shocks and saddens me. And it is important that people from the same "group" speak up when someone misbehaves. People who misbehave must not be supported by their peers to send a clear signal that it is not ok.

> Yes, I know these allegations are pending investigations; so don't remind me of this; My one plea is that this issue is not swept under the rug and that it is looked at with the ultimate care and urgency, it deserves.

Absolutely!

Cheers,
Sander