[Community-Discuss] [AFRINIC-Announce] NomCom Call for Volunteers

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Jan 23 09:01:42 UTC 2018

>> In which case I would then suggest that candidates from same country as one of the nomcom should recuse him or her. My two cents.

Errr NO, because this becomes a VERY simple way to eliminate a candidate you don’t want before the process even starts – just get yourself onto the nomcom when the candidate you don’t want is in the country you are in, or get someone in that candidates country to get themselves on nomcom.

You cannot deny someone the right to run because someone gets himself appointed to nomcom – hell no

Andrew