[Community-Discuss] [AFRINIC-Announce] NomCom Call for Volunteers

Kris Seeburn seeburn.k at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:08:21 UTC 2018

@ Alan

The issues I have with the non geographic directors. It is that you already nominate the nomcom then the call goes out. The likeliness of oneor two persons on nomcom even with the clause. The clause works for geographic directors.

How do you predict that there won’t be one or two candidates from the same country of nomcom nominated!!!

To be honest I saw that as a defeat to the process. Let’s take Andrew he is both Kenyan and South African but on nomcom we still had John Walubengo from Kenya. As far as the geographic directors fine no issues none from east and south will be chosen. Next year there will be two geo and one non geo we only know candidates after the call. Then in which case this defeats the purpose.

In which case I would then suggest that candidates from same country as one of the nomcom should recuse him or her. My two cents.

@ Boubakar I don’t see issues for others to participate in fact it will. Be a good thing for new but I still think they need guidance. But I’ll be more than happy that we get the numbers to form the committee and good ones.

Not talking for mark we have seen all through the years there is 3 to 5 or 6 and some get disqualified because they are from the same country of the geo candidate.

And the board makes a call for volunteers anyone interested is open to do so. Then the board looks into the profiles also if let’s say one member of nomcom is in the country of AIS. Makes cost less.

It’s not rocket science.

Kris