[Community-Discuss] Again broken links on Afrinic Website!

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Thu Feb 8 12:21:13 UTC 2018

Thank you for reporting this problem.  It turned out to be a technical problem with many links on the web site, where a page on www.afrinic.net links to a page on afrinic.net (without the “www”), or vice versa.  We are dealing with it.

> At my astonishment, whilst making a search on Wikipedia, I noticed the following link https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=AFRINIC&action=history whereby Mr Felix Otiato, who is from Communications and PR of Afrinic as per this link https://www.afrinic.net/fr/about/our-structure/our-team is busy with Wikipedia which I  believe is a good cause for Afrinic corporate image, but, had Afrinic use its man power resources diligently, the website today would be in a good running condition.

I think it’s good that Afrinic’s comms staff tries to keep the Wikipedia page up to date.  The small amount of time taken by that activity does not detract from improvement of the Afrinic web site.

Alan Barrett