[Community-Discuss] Issue with non-AFRINIC Fellowship to Meeting -

Willy MANGA mangawilly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:43:48 UTC 2018

Hi Andrew,

Le 10/12/2018 à 14:59, Andrew Alston a écrit :
> Hi Willy,
>
> Just to correct one thing - there is no obligation to state affiliation in the context of the PDP - in fact anyone is free to state an opinion that is entirely their own.

In this context I consider 'state an opinion which is entirely their
own' a kind of affiliation. Sorry if I'm not using the right word. From
my perception it means you endorse what you are saying; it depends only
of your own person.

> Personally I believe that people should declare their affiliations - it’s just not required, and actually when I have on at least two occasions state the organizations who I am making statements on behalf of - I was told that individuals don’t represent organizations on the floor of the pdp and it was immaterial and I should not do that.

In the context of PDP, I think organizations can have an opinion *but*
presented by individuals. That's why you need to state your affiliation
 here if I'm right.

--
Willy Manga
@ongolaboy