[Community-Discuss] Questions about AfriNIC Allocations

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Dec 4 19:36:03 UTC 2018

Seun,

Firstly – my beliefs on the board process and the workings of the board are mine – and my opinions are my opinions – and there is nothing that stops me stating that in my *opinion* things are *deeply* flawed – and that I am prohibited from clarifying WHY I hope those opinions.  The counter argument to what you say is simple – if things ARENT problematic – then waiver the NDA – you should have nothing to hide.

As for my goals – my goals are to ensure that there is proper corporate governance and a board that is accountable to its members – and I openly and honestly believe that is not the case at the moment. I believe – very strongly – that this board has violated the principles of bottom up approach (Why has an SGMM not been called to solve the quorum problem with the AGMM?) – I believe that this board has failed on multiple counts as regards transparency – both since I left the board and while I was on it – and again – I am more than happy to back the latter if the board gives me permission to do so – publicly.

I have absolutely no obligation to communicate via the board – and considering my opinions on the current state of function of the board – zero trust in the effectiveness of that approach if I were to take it.
This is a member organization – and we are meant to operate in an open and transparent manner – part of transparency is the fact that people are free to voice their opinions – and concerns – openly and transparently – without such things being repressed.

Andrew