[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Fwd: Re: Resolution requesting the boards resignation

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Apr 24 11:08:20 UTC 2018

Dear Chair,

Let me now add a few things – because while we all appreciate this boards attempts as use of clever semantics to avoid accountability and liability for their actions – let me add a few things:

I point you to:

(ii) A Member may give written notice to the Board of a matter which the Member proposes to raise for discussion or resolution at the next Annual General Member Meeting called under Article 11.1 of this Constitution at which the Member is entitled to vote
(iii) Where the notice is received by the Board not less than 28 days before the last day on which notice of the relevant Annual General Members' Meeting is required to be given by the Board, the Board shall, at the expense of the Company, give notice of the Member's proposal and the text of any proposed resolution to all members entitled to receive notice of the Meeting.

That states – ANY resolution – it does not limit it special resolutions – therefore you are REQUIRED under 12.14.ii to give notice and put it on the agenda.

12.2.(e) may explicitly state something for special resolutions – it does NOT exclude resolutions – which are CLEARLY covered in 12.14.ii and 12.14.iii – and so the board is flat wrong in this regard.

Furthermore – had the board had concerns about this resolution – the board opted to accept said resolution within the time frame for modification (before the notice of the meeting was due and without cost to the member) instead – the board waited till close to a month after the notice was issued well past the deadlines specified in section 12.14.iii and 12.14.iv – and excuse my scepticism – but it is my personal belief that this was no accident on behalf of the board.

Please can this board stop trying to play games – you have a member wishing to test the confidence in this community in this board – you have multiple members who have expressed a similar desire on this list – and still you attempt to treat this community with contempt by implying that we will fall for semantics and twisting of words to avoid the accountability of a vote.

If indeed this board STILL refuses to table this vote though – then you leave this community no option but to seek other recourse.

Andrew