[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Resolution requesting the boards resignation

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Sat Apr 21 18:12:16 UTC 2018

Yes- I am cross posting this – because this community – needs to know just how little respect this board has for the community.

Yes – the board has the right to deny a resolution put towards the floor by a member – however – when the resolution put before the board is a vote of no confidence in the board itself – and the board – in BLATANT conflict of interest chooses not to table said vote – this shows total and utter disrespect for the community and the member base – and puts paid to the lie that this community has any say or power in the workings of AfriNIC.

It seems to me that this board only wishes to entertain motions that are of benefit to them – and has gone entirely rogue – when they can decide that it is at their discretion to see if this community still has faith in them to lead – this is nothing short of disgusting – and I would say – clearly indicates that the board has a fear of their own well being – rather than what is good for AfriNIC or this community, and are now acting contrary to the bottom up approach they agreed to uphold when they took office as elected members.

AfriNIC was founded on the basis of the bottom up approach – and it was committed to when AfriNIC was founded under ICP-2 – and to now deny the right of a paying member to table a vote requesting the resignation of the board – makes a total mockery of the RIR system and the ICP-2.  Especially after there was a written commitment to the membership base that this vote would be tabled and heard, which this board has now decided to retract with any valid reason.

So – to the member base – and to the community – behold your board of elected representatives – who would rather protect themselves than face a vote in their own competence – who would deny members the write to voice their will – this is the board that controls the money we pay to AfriNIC – this is the board we trust to administer a critical African resource – this is the board that we choose to entrust with what little resource we have on this continent – this is the board we choose to believe when they stand up and wax lyrical at meetings while an examination of the Q2 and Q3 figures show that the one budget line item that is always spent 100% in line with the timing is the travel budget – while there is under expenditure on the community outreach and community building line items.

This – is a total and utter farce – and I am APPALED

Andrew