[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Elections with only one candidate

jean-baptiste.millogo at orange.com jean-baptiste.millogo at orange.com
Sat Apr 21 15:41:12 UTC 2018

Hi Alan,

Thanks for clarifying the voting mechanisms which match my description of things.

A board seat can't be left vacant after elections held at AGMM. That is why the bylaws has the provisions in 13.8

#####
“13.8 In the event that there is no eligible candidate for a particular region; the Director already in office in the particular seat, shall be deemed to be re-appointed for the period ending with the date of the next election for any seat
#######

Thus my question of  whether it will be appropriate to apply 13.8 if voting result is "none of them"

 If  not appropriate, shall the AGMM appoint different interim director ?

What do we do if we have same case with the pdp cochair election  as current PDP has no provision for such scenario? Run PDPWG with one cochair?  Or get the Working group to elect at the PPM an interim chair?

Thanks

JB