[Community-Discuss] ISOC InterCommunity 2017 in Mauritius

S Moonesamy sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sun Sep 10 16:47:36 UTC 2017

Hi Ish,
At 07:32 AM 10-09-17, Ish Sookun wrote:
>The Internet Society is celebrating its 25th anniversary and a special
>edition of InterCommunity 2017 on the 19th September 2017.
>
>In Mauritius, the InterCommunity 2017 event [1] is happening at Sofitel
>Hotel. I would like to know whether AFRINIC is a collaborator or
>organizer of this event as it seems that the PR part is being handled by
>AFRINIC. I did not receive any invitation for the event from ISOC
>Mauritius, nor did I ever received any notification about any ISOC
>Mauritius activity in the past few years. I struggled in the past to
>verify whether or not I am an ISOC member; the chapter showing no sign
>of transparency & accountability.
>
>I learned about the InterCommunity 2017 through AFRINIC.

On 6 September, I receive an email from the Internet Society about an
"InterCommunity 2017 Event" in Mauritius.  The email included an
afrinic.net email address to contact to confirm participation.  Is
that the "PR part" you are referring to in the above?  I would
consider it as logistics instead of PR.

>Is the InterCommunity 2017 event by AFRINIC or ISOC Mauritius? Could you

Based on the email which I received I'll say that it is an Internet
Society event.

>provide some information about ISOC Mauritius that AFRINIC recognizes?

I doubt that the question has been raised given that it is an
Internet Society matter.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy