[Community-Discuss] ISOC InterCommunity 2017 in Mauritius

Ish Sookun ish at lsl.digital
Sun Sep 10 14:32:04 UTC 2017

Hi SM,

The Internet Society is celebrating its 25th anniversary and a special
edition of InterCommunity 2017 on the 19th September 2017.

In Mauritius, the InterCommunity 2017 event [1] is happening at Sofitel
Hotel. I would like to know whether AFRINIC is a collaborator or
organizer of this event as it seems that the PR part is being handled by
AFRINIC. I did not receive any invitation for the event from ISOC
Mauritius, nor did I ever received any notification about any ISOC
Mauritius activity in the past few years. I struggled in the past to
verify whether or not I am an ISOC member; the chapter showing no sign
of transparency & accountability.

I learned about the InterCommunity 2017 through AFRINIC.

Is the InterCommunity 2017 event by AFRINIC or ISOC Mauritius? Could you
provide some information about ISOC Mauritius that AFRINIC recognizes?

Regards,

Ish Sookun

[1] https://www.internetsociety.org/intercommunity/2017/nodes/port-louis