[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Mon Jun 26 13:11:41 UTC 2017

Mike

What you are suggesting is a result of what happens in an organization when trust is erroded.

As much as I think this might work I do not beleive it's what we want.  I would like the return of the spirit within Afrinic was born. An error where we trusted each other and the board had enough humility to come to the community and say we have a problem and this is how we think we can solve it.

This was before the era of NDA's. Where we even ask our founding members who gave so much to ensure we have an AfriNic are forced to sign NDA's.

I beleive our community is and should be beyond that. This is a community built on passion and voluntary contribution.  The board is our conduit to our company and staff.

I still believe if the board chooses it has the capacity and ability to respond queries in time. The CEO is an employee of the organization and they are some responses he should be sheilded from if the chair and vice took their leadership role seriously. We also have 8 competent board members and that team can work in a synchronized way.

Let's avoid the draconian methods which kill not only our trust in each other but also our cultural norms.

Afrinic is and will always be bigger than anyone of us. It belongs to the community of which the members are a subset.

I urge chair and board as a whole to take up the mantle of returning to the principles that created the Organization we call AfriNIC recognizing that it serves the entire region and appreciating the diversity that this brings.

Let's do the simple basic things we know we must do and the complicated parts will always find a resolution.

Regards.

Sent from my iPhone