[Community-Discuss] [Board-Discuss] Outstanding Requests

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 18:27:29 UTC 2017

Dear Mr Alston,

Thank you very much for your email and the requests therein. I shall
consult with the Board and revert.

I will get back to you with appropriate time lines, if applicable,
within the next 90 days.

Thanks.

Sunday.

On 22/07/2017 06:11, Andrew Alston wrote:

> Dear Mr Folayan, Chair of the AfriNIC Board,
>
> Firstly, I acknowledge the time frames given on other issues raised on
> this list and I thank you for those – I eagerly await those responses.
>
> Further to that – there are several outstanding queries that have been
> raised that have either not been responded to or no time frames given,
> though this possibly my fault since maybe the requests were buried in
> other emails and not clearly stated – so I’m putting these requests in
> point form as well.
>
> a.)Is the board prepared to publish minutes of the board sub-committee
> meetings in line with the NCCG recommendations
>
> b.)Is the board prepared to publish the full audit-co report which was
> referenced in various minutes
>
> c.)Is the board prepared to publish quarterly financial reports to the
> community so that all financial analysis does not have to be done
> immediately prior to an SGMM/AGMM
>
> d.)Is the board prepared to commit to providing this community with
> reports from any member of the board attending conferences on
> AFRINIC’s behalf as to what was done at the meeting and the advantage
> of having the board member there – this is simply so that we know that
> members money that is spent on travel expenses is being spent in a
> justifiable manner. (As a note – I am more than happy to provide this
> community with a full report from the RIPE trip that I took earlier
> this year that details exactly what was done there if so desired)
>
> e.)Can the board provide this community with an explanation as to the
> requirements for financial transparency for organizations that AFRINIC
> provides funds for
>
> f.)In the event that there are no requirements – will the board be
> prepared to implement such requirements – so that the community can be
> assured that money given to organizations is being used for correct
> purpose.
>
> g.)The board committed to a response on potential violations of
> section 143 of the companies act – can we get a time frame as to when
> this response will be forthcoming.
>
> I thank you in advance for your anticipated response.
>
> Yours Sincerely
>
> Andrew Alston

Sunday Adekunle Folayan
Managing Director
General data Engineering Services (SKANNET)
16 Oshin Road, Kongi Bodija, Ibadan - Nigeria
Phone: +234 802 291 2202, +234 816 866 7523
Email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com