[Community-Discuss] Internet Shutdown session at AIS 2017

Tutu Ngcaba pan.afrikhan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 16:34:50 UTC 2017

Dear Brother Ish,

You are very correct. Most of the politicians are ignorant about technology
even the ministers are normally not technology people.

I remember the senator of America called Ted Cruz who went to the USA
congress to propose ideas that  can stop a piece of Internet the ICANN from
being managed under global governance.

So sometimes the politicians are ignorant. So the Afrinic should invite
technical government people who can explain to the politicians in lay man
language about importance of open internet.

This problem is very serious and more education and engagement is the best
way and platform to reach out to the politicians.

Best Regards,

Tutu Ngcaba
Kwazulu Techno Hubs
South Africa