[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Sep 30 14:59:29 UTC 2016

On 30 Sep 2016 15:26, "Alan Barrett" <alan.barrett at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Thank you for the advice.  I suggest that the limit on pnumber of proxies
should be removed.

Hi Alan,

Ok  what is going on here....

No No No No, I dont support the sentiment that number limit in proxies
should be removed.

Lets remember that the bylaws do contain institutional memory;

- The community quite recently added the constraint to discourage carrying
as many as 20 proxies which is in my opinion still too much.

- The bylaws review is so that we can improve  accountability, am i right?
and as such the removal of the proxy limits cannot be argued to improve
accountability imho;

- We should not be abusing the on going review process to change bylaws
because we can (scope matters) like this. No No No....

- There may be more important improvement to accountability at AFRINIC
which we seem to shy away from including: Board recall, CEO to become ex
officio etc etc etc and as it suits us we shout loud..

> Alan Barrett

Noah