[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Accountability assessment - bylaws changes

Saul Stein saul at enetworks.co.za
Wed Sep 21 08:12:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

Agreed, having  associate members is beneficial in both directions and
this membership  category is common an many organisations in all
industries/membership based organisations.

1)      External parties have experience and knowledge in the outcome of
the organisation

2)      External parties might have in interest due to interoperability
with said organisation

3)      The organisation can learn from the experiences of others

Organisations that have do direct benefit in the outcomes of decisions
should not be allowed to vote since the outcome would not benefit them,
the result being their vote could be wasted!

So associate membership is a must, but no voting rights.

Category membership fees is debatable.

PS please can we keep the subject at least vaguely related to the subject
of the email.