[Community-Discuss] IPv4 depletion in AFRINIC will speed up IPv6 adoption - myth or fact?

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Fri Oct 28 08:01:51 UTC 2016

Ø  Like others,  I would like to see widespread v6 adoption but we do need to be careful to explain the stats we provide especially for those who advocate to other stakeholders.

I 100% agree… and this is why I asked if it could be explained to me how the correlation between v4 depletion and v6 depletion was drawn from a presentation that refers entirely to GDP correlation on v6 deployment, because I honestly don’t understand that correlation.

Sadly, I’ve heard deafening silence since then, and it seems that question is going unanswered.  As someone from academia, Omo I am sure you agree with me that any conclusions drawn from a dataset need to be explained by the individual drawing the concerns in order for any weight to be applied to them?

Thanks

Andrew