[Community-Discuss] Bylaws changes

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Nov 14 02:06:24 UTC 2016

Hi all

Coming late into this interesting discussion. I think whatever we finally decide to go with we must ensure that the principles of corporate governance win the day.

1. Irrespective of how we decide in terms of 'regional balance' the region must have a say on who represents them otherwise the very concept of regional balance becomes a sham.

2. That once elected directors MUST put Afrinic first and act in the best interest of the organization. One of the tools to do this is for directors to declare interest before any board meeting and for other members to then make an informed decision on how to proceed.

The second point might seem to be in conflict with the first but it's actually not because Afrinic's health should be the concern of every constituent of Afrinic.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad