[Community-Discuss] post ipv4 depletion frauds, brokers activities

Mike Silber silber.mike at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:07:36 UTC 2016

Noah

> On 27 Jun 2016, at 12:18, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>

> And just before you point out that, there is no relation with the RPKI argument, those seeking to benefit from whatever loophole they may abuse, wont stop at nothing since its all about money. But to whose benefit. [1]
>
> And that is why the original post of this thread was "shedding some light" on what is happening at ARIN and why we should also engage in a discourse on what the situation is on the ground within the AFRINIC region.
>
> Which is why RPKI surfaced in the discussion because of its benefits and to quote a text from one of the responses to this thread..
>
> "the rpki is a certificate hierarchy of attestation of resource ownership".  As in, can HELP keep hijackers off some org allocated space.

You may want to consider the Internet Draft submitted by Xiaodong Lee et al: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-sidr-rpki-deployment-01

It may give you some insight into the concerns that are being raised as to the risks associated with RPKI and some of the implementation complexity.

I think the point is that some of these tools may need some refinement and adoption can be encouraged however it does come with attendant risks.

Regards

Mike