[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Thu Jun 16 18:17:05 UTC 2016

Writing as myself,

Without answering for Alan, and purely writing this because to my knowledge the only attempt at a bylaw change under the current bylaws was made by myself in Tunis,

My understanding (and using the process that I used last time to propose and attempt bylaw changes, and following the bylaws as they stand)

a.)     Someone proposes a bylaw change (They must be a member, section 12.14.ii)

b.)     It goes out with the notice of meeting at either an SGMM or an AGMM (Section 12.14.iii -> Section 12.14.iv)

c.)     The motion that goes out with the notice of SGMM/AGMM may NOT be changed on the floor – it may be discussed but it is fixed other than for potential typo corrections etc (This is derived from section 12.14 as well, since you are voting on what has been sent to the members)

d.)     A ballot is called on the floor in the same way an election ballot is called – members can vote, via the same means as an election ballot (electronically, by proxy, or directly) (Section 12.11 applies, since it is a special resolution as per section 7.6 vi)

e.)     Vote requires a 75% majority to pass or the motion fails (Definition section, 1.1, under the definition of special resolution)

Alan can correct me if I’m wrong on any of these points

Thanks

Andrew