[Community-Discuss] Resolution 201604.274 about Set-Up fees

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Jul 17 05:42:58 UTC 2016

> On Jul 16, 2016, at 14:47 , Mirriam <mirriamlauren at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 12:48 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:
> People will, of course, have their perspectives and their agendas. My agenda here is plain and I have stated it. I want to see the best outcome for the region and for the internet in general.
> Anyone who believes I have a different agenda or would defend the establishment if I felt that the establishment was wrong should review my track record for an education.
>

> I actually took time to go through AFRINIC past and present and guess what.
>
> Your track record shows you claiming that AFRINIC doesn’t exist even though it had staff, a board, and meetings.
>
> We indeed got an education, refer to the links below!
>
> http://lists.arin.net/ pipermail/arin-ppml/2003- September/002065.html <http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2003-September/002065.html>
> http://lists.arin.net/ pipermail/arin-ppml/2003- September/002087.html <http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2003-September/002087.html>
>
> Mirriam
>
> Chix In Tech

I didn’t claim it didn’t exist, I referred to it as “vaporware” which is a term often applied to a product or service which may exist in a laboratory, but isn’t available for purchase at the time, which was exactly where AfriNIC services were at the time I wrote those posts.

I will admit that the word may have been inflammatory and possibly poorly chosen. I have learned in the last 13 years. Who among us has not?

Note that those are from 2003, over 13 years ago.

A lot has changed in that time, and, in fact, if you follow the thread through to the conclusion of the policy development process, you will see that Adiel and I ended up supporting each other’s proposals and resolving a number of issues for both communities.