[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Council of Elders

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Wed Jul 13 05:01:22 UTC 2016

On 12 July 2016 at 21:03, Mike Silber <silber.mike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nishal +1
>
> Maybe a hypothetical if I may: what if a former Chairperson were to pass,
> or to be unable or unwilling to serve on the CoE, or even if they were to
> be convicted of an offense after their term that would disqualify them as a
> director.

I don't think the community would want an unable or unwilling CoE member,
> or a convict.

No community would.  We want them because of their experience as former
Chairs
I read the 'open to' in 16.1 as former chairs are willing to consider or be
considered.  So some might decline or be denied

> So I cannot see how automatic appointment could be implied.

This is what bothers me.  We don't yet have 6 past chairs and we are
discriminating without reason on appointment to CoE? How does this improve
trust?