[Community-Discuss] IANA Numbering Services Review Committee appointment

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:46:28 UTC 2015

Hi Alan,
Thanks. I still think the  workload can be handled by the seating ASO
members.

Full disclosure: I am a member of the ASO.

Regards,
On 7 Nov 2015 15:21, "Alan Barrett" <alan.barrett at afrinic.net> wrote:

> > On 6 Nov 2015, at 16:14, Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Because this is supposed to be an ad hoc committee, I see no reason why
the existing ASO appointees can't serve the role.
> > I therefore support option A
>
> It would actually be a standing committee, meeting by teleconference at
least twice per year.  See paragraphs 8 and 9 in the charter:

> >> 8. The Review Committee will meet entirely via teleconference for its
activities. Except as contemplated in paragraph 11, the teleconferences
must be open to the public who wish to listen to the Review Committee
discussions, and will be facilitated by the RIRs.