[ripe-list] An urgent call to action - Do your part and protect APNIC

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Feb 23 15:17:21 UTC 2023

Members,

For those of you who are not on the other RIR mailing list, you will find
the below post from Karl Kloppenborg on the RIPE mailing list very
informative.

In summary, members of APNIC and RIPE were being cautioned to ensure that
Larus Limited which fronted four members from Larus organization as
candidates for position of directors to the APNIC Executive Council which
is similar to the AFRINIC Board of Directors.

Candidates from Larus running for elections to APNIC EC are:

Lu Heng (Owner of CIL and Larus)
https://2023.apricot.net/elections/nominations/luheng/
Vivien Paris (Larus)
https://2023.apricot.net/elections/nominations/annevivienparis/
Larissa Santos (Larus)
https://2023.apricot.net/elections/nominations/larissasantos/
Melvin Cheng (Larus and contact of CrystalWeb)
https://2023.apricot.net/elections/nominations/melvincheng/

Imagine a situation where four staff members from a single resource member
organisation attempt to become directors of AFRINIC board. That is how an
organisation is captured when individuals from the same organisation if
ever elected would form the majority of the board.

Please stay informed and if you get time out of your busy schedule, read
the attached pdf petition form Karl to the internet communities both at
APNIC and RIPE.

Time has a way of revealing a lot.

Cheers
Noah