[AFRINIC-Announce] Participate in AFRINIC's webinar: 'Understand and Implement RPKI to Secure BGP’’

AFRINIC Communication comm-announce at afrinic.net
Thu Feb 20 14:28:09 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Internet outages such as route leaks, route hijacks or spoofing have become notoriously common. We have seen their devastating impact on the Internet through several known cases.

If you care about a safer Internet, join us for our next webinar: ''Understand and Implement RPKI to Secure BGP’’. Through this important webinar you will learn several tactics on how to reduce the occurrences of such incidents and how to use RPKI to secure the global routing table. This premier AFRINIC webinar for 2020 will cover the following:

1. Understanding how the Resource Public Key Infrastructure(RPKI) works
2. How to request for a BPKI certificate
3. Creating Route Origin Authorisation(ROA) in MyAFRINIC
4. Using an RPKI validator

Register now at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/2015686259690/WN_smabyvHHRomXoO8hDnrKQg

Our target audience is primarily AFRINIC Resource Members and Network Engineers.

Date: 27th February 2020

Time: 16:30 GST (Mauritius, Seychelles)

- 12:30 UTC (Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire)

- 13:30 WAT (Nigeria, Cameroon)

- 15:30 EAT (Kenya, Uganda)

- 14:30 SAST (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini)

This webinar will be in English. A French version will be organised later.

The speaker for the session is Musa Stephen Honlue, Trainer and IPv6 certification Cordinator at AFRINIC.

We look forward to your participation.