[AFRINIC-announce] Call for Presentations AFRINIC-17: 10 Days left
to submit your proposal!!!
babusha at afrinic.net
Thu Sep 13 14:31:57 SAST 2012
This is a call to present at AFRINIC-17 Public Policy meeting and join
other presenters to deliver tools, knowledge, and know-how or policy
ideas related to Internet Number Resource Management or IP networking
operations to participants.
*You have 10 days left to submit your proposal!*
Your contribution can be in the form of a presentation during a session,
a tutorial or a live technical demonstration. If you are interested in
presenting, please follow the submission instructions below.
How to submit: *
information on how to submit a proposal. Please read all information
carefully before submitting your proposal.
**Your submission should be sent using the online form which can be
Your proposal should contain the following information:
* Full Name
* Email Address
* Title of Presentation
* A detailed abstract or outline describing the presentation
* Draft slides for the presentation (if ready/available)
* Length of talk (minutes)
* Short biography
* Need (or not) for sponsorship or assistance to attend the meeting
(travel and/or accommodation, etc)
* Meeting Registration opens -- 5 September 2012
* Deadline for presentation proposal submissions - 23 September 2012
* Notification of Acceptance of presentation proposal - 30 September
Presentation topics can range from but are not limited to:
- IPv6 deployment
- Mobile IP
- Internet Governance
* Presentations will be fifteen (15) to thirty (30) minutes in length,
with approximately 10-15 minutes for Q&A at the end of each
presentation. The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed
is 45 minutes. The presenter(s) will be required to submit their
presentation in PDF form 2 weeks before the event date.
* Tutorials can range from 90 minutes to half a day in length. A full
course outline is required.
* Demonstration facilities will need to be agreed based on available
* AFRINIC will provide the space, tea/lunch breaks and projector equipment.
* Presenters will be responsible for any handouts. There are typically
approximately 100-150 delegates.
* The Meeting Coordination team and the Program Committee will make
* Selected presenters will be contacted by the Presenter Liaison to
coordinate logistics and details.
* Note that proposals are reviewed and accepted on an on-going basis and
that presentation slots may be filled prior to this date.
The audience at AFRINIC meetings is mainly composed of technical network
operators and engineers with a wide range of experience levels from
beginners to seasoned professionals.
*** Presentations that contain any sort of marketing and commercial
content are usually not encouraged at our meetings.
Thank you for your contribution.
The AFRINIC Meeting team
Come join us at AFRINIC-17, 24-29 November 2012, Khartoum Sudan
-------------- next part --------------
Skipped content of type multipart/related
More information about the announce