[AFRINIC-announce] AFRINIC-17 Call for Fellowship Now Open!

Babusha Radhakissoon babusha at afrinic.net
Wed Sep 12 13:22:01 SAST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

We are offering fellowships for our upcoming meeting taking place in
Khartoum, Sudan, from the 24 to 29 November 2012.

The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small
organisations, universities, and media who are actively involved in
Internet operations and development or ICT policy in their countries and
respective communities. The fellow is expected to positively and
actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC
service region.

To qualify for the fellowship, you:
   * should be a resident of Africa;
   * must not necessarily be an AFRINIC member;
   * should be from a technical (IT, Computer Science) background;
   * have not benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships;
   * are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your
organisation/country.

Upon selection of the fellows, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows
directly and allow the fellow seven (7) days to reply with an acceptance
of the fellowship.  A public announcement of the fellowship winners will
be made after the acceptance by the winners. Please find hereafter the
schedule for the fellowship process:

12 September 2012: Open Call for fellowship applications

25 September 2012: Close of applications

30 September2012: Notification to pre-selected fellows

07 October 2012: Deadline of acceptance by awarded fellow

08 October 2012: Final announcement and publication of fellowship list

The fellowship includes: assistance with round-trip airfare to the
meeting venue, hotel accommodation for the AFRINIC Plenary event from 27
November (the day before the beginning of the Plenary) to 29 November
2012 (the last day of the event).

If you think you meet the criteria above, please fill in the fellowship
application form at
http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-17/content/fellowship-programmeand
submit it with your personal detail information before 25 September 2012.

We wish you good luck and look forward to receiving your applications!

                Kind Regards,

            The AFRINIC Meeting Team

--
Ms. Babusha Radhakissoon                   Tel:   +230 403 51 00
PR and Marketing Assistant, AFRINIC        Fax:   +230 466 67 58