[AfriNIC-announce] AFRINIC IPv6 Training Program gets new testbed from 6Deploy

George Nyabuga george at afrinic.net
Thu Aug 9 14:22:29 SAST 2012

Dear colleagues,

AFRINIC, the Regional Internet Registry, has taken delivery of a new testbed from Cisco under the aegis of the 6Deploy project. This brings to three the total number of testbeds available at AFRINIC for IPv6 training and research. These test-beds are part of a global network of IPv6 testbeds used to support hands-on training and research on IPv6.

The 6Deploy project is aimed at enhancing the deployment and uptake of IPv6 globally through capacity development. AFRINIC currently offers numerous trainings on IPv6 targeting network engineers, systems administrators and managers. This new testbed will greatly improve the quality of trainings offered by AFRINIC, by improving the participant to equipment ratio during practical sessions of our trainings.

This new test-bed will further strengthen the IPv6 deployment in our region by ensuring that participants in AFRINIC’s training programmes actually practice configuring and troubleshooting IPv6 networks and services, knowledge and skills that they can then transfer to real deployments on their own networks.

 Regards,

Dr George Nyabuga                                           Tel:   +230 403 51 00
Head, Communications and PR, AFRINIC           Fax:  +230 466 67 58
george at afrinic.net - www.afrinic.net

Join us at AFRINIC-17 for our Public Policy Meeting in Khartoum, Sudan, on 24 – 30 November 2012