[AfriNIC-announce] Postponement of the e-voting system for 2012 Board election

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Thu May 10 10:50:37 SAST 2012

Dear colleagues,

We are sorry to announce that the e-voting system will NOT be used for the
upcoming Board election.

Following consultations and discussions among the Board, the NomCom and
staff, it was felt that the online voting mechanism should be further interrogated
by the community before it is deployed.

Although a lot of time and effort has already gone into AFRINIC’s endeavour
to integrate the e-voting system into MyAfriNIC, there is need to subject it
further tests to ensure it is well understood, sufficiently transparent and secure
to be used in all confidence. The system is ready and will be released in few
days for a wide-scale test.

This postponement will give us more time to conduct a wide-scale test and to
further engage the community in this change.

We take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause,
but be rest assured that we are committed to making the proposed system well
understood, sufficiently transparent and secure to be used in all confidence.

If you are not planning to come to Serekunda, you can still appoint a proxy as
per the election guideline. The form will be available from MyAfriNIC but can
also be directly downloaded from:

http://www.afrinic.net/elections/process/aflgl-pxy2012.pdf

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any further clarification.

Sincerely.