[AfriNIC-announce] ASO Announcement Calling for Nominations to ICANN Board

Lillian O. Sharpley lillian at afrinic.net
Thu Nov 12 11:11:22 SAST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

In line with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the
Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) calls for
nominations for Seat Number 10 on the ICANN Board.

The nomination period will close at 23:59 UTC on 10 January 2010.

All candidates must sign a Letter of Certification detailing previous
conduct and character. We will send this letter to each applicant along
with instructions on what to do next. We are unable to consider
candidates who fail to follow these instructions.

If the ASO AC decides to conduct face-to-face interviews, candidates may
need to travel (once) during March 2010.

We expect all candidates to complete one or more questionnaires. Failure
to do this by the advised deadlines may rule them out of the selection
process.

Submit nominations by email to nominations2010 at aso.icann.org including
the following information:

- Full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address for the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- Full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination

The full timeframe for the selection process is as follows:

- Nomination Phase - 12 November 2009 to 10 January 2010
- Comment Phase - 11 January 2010 to 10 March 2010
- Interview Phase - 10 February 2010 to 10 March 2010 (The deadline for
return of written questionnaires is 20 February 2010. Face-to-face
interviews with selected candidates will take place adjacent to the
ICANN meeting in Nairobi, Kenya in March 2010.)
- Selection Phase - 10 March 2010 to 24 March 2010

All phases will conclude at 23:59 UTC on the date specified.

Regards,
The ASO Secretariat

Forward on Behalf of the ASO AC
By,