[AISPC] Programme

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Feb 16 16:42:54 SAST 2013

Hi Douglas.

Thanks for your e-mail.

As an example, below are the milestones we used for the
AfNOG program development for 2013:

	Call for PC Volunteers		30 January 2013
	Call for Papers Opens		13 February 2013
	First Draft Program Published	19 March 2013
	Final Deadline for Submissions	29 April 2013
	Final Program Published		6 May 2013
	Final Slides Received		13 May 2013

Admittedly, due to the AIS concept, some of these activities
have either lapsed or not occurred, most notably, the call
for PC volunteers (which is in contradiction to this very
committee anyway, but...).

I'd suggest working backwards from 13 May, and putting in
milestones similar to the above.

Whatever the case, it would be best if the joint CfP is
submitted no later than end of February.

From experience, the buffer from final slides @ 13 May and
the actual meetings from 17 June buys us some time, but I'd
rather work on a tighter deadline to be best prepared.

Mark.