[AISPC] Programme

Hisham hisham at afrinic.net
Sat Feb 16 12:59:48 SAST 2013

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 16, 2013, at 12:44 PM, Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Cloud Computing
> 2. Open Data/Big Data
> 3. ITRs
> 4. Digital Migration (debatable)
> 5. Cyber Security --- this should be aligned with the one above.
> 6. etc

I like the brain dump of topics, we can vote on and veto them later, after everyone on the list adds their themes.

Also I would like to add "Innovation" into the mix of themes.

AFRINIc runs the small grants project FIRe, and we can shed light on African develops platforms and initiatives.

> Now to the CfP issue: I think we should send it out asap, because of
> time: CfP and a finalized programme are not completely dependent on
> each other, we can run the two in parallel. We only have to  agree
> thematically, then the other pieces we can fill in as we go.

+1

> Also, if we find out we missed a particular topic on the CfP, we can
> just directly reachout to subject matter experts with a CfP.

That usually is the case.

Hisham