[AISPC] Programme

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 12:44:27 SAST 2013

tHisham, Mark, et al,
On 16 February 2013 13:02, Hisham <hisham at afrinic.net> wrote:
> For example AFRINIC's PC for the past few meetings did..
> 1/2 day IPv6(AFOPS)
> 1/2 day peering and interconnection (AFOPS)
> 1/4 day Internet Governance (Plenary D1)
> 1/4 cyber security (Plenary D2)
> 1 day PDP (dived between Plenary D1&2)
> 1/2 day corporate updates (dived between D1&D2)
> I think all these topics / themes should stay, we may chose to increase the time dedicated to each one based on the proposals form the CfP.

I would like to see and Emerging issues (technology or otherwise)
session added to the CfP and subsequently 1/2-1 day allocated on the
programme -- an Internet summit without these won't be complete IMHO.

To break it down to CfP level, I would including the following to the
list of topics

1. Cloud Computing
2. Open Data/Big Data
3. ITRs
4. Digital Migration (debatable)
5. Cyber Security --- this should be aligned with the one above.
6. etc

Now to the CfP issue: I think we should send it out asap, because of
time: CfP and a finalized programme are not completely dependent on
each other, we can run the two in parallel. We only have to  agree
thematically, then the other pieces we can fill in as we go.

Also, if we find out we missed a particular topic on the CfP, we can
just directly reachout to subject matter experts with a CfP.

Douglas Onyango | +256-772-712 139 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.