[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Need of help for scaning ipv6 block

Daniel Shaw daniel at techdad.xyz
Mon Nov 4 21:53:24 UTC 2019

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 06:33, Alejandro Acosta
<alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com> wrote:

> The take away of Jordi's message and our message in general is that you need to take a different approach, you can not just scan the full IPv6 address space; you mentioned nmap however AFAIK nmap does not allow IPv6 host scanning.

Hi Alejandro, all,

This is a side diversion, however, just FYI, nmap does indeed support
IPv6 just fine. However as pointed out, due to the sheer size of the
address space, it's not practical to use it to scan a prefix. But for
a detailed scan of a single host's ports/services, yes, you can use v6
with nmap.

Cheers,
Daniel