[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Why are poorer countries outperforming richer countries in IPv6 deployments?

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sat Jul 9 22:27:05 UTC 2016

Attached is some very interesting statistics and findings on V6 deployments
around the world, shared at the OECD Ministerial Meeting in June2016. One
lesson we can learn from this is work very closely with ISPs. That seems to
be the solution in the success stories.

*Some statistics on deployments*Belgium 55.11%,
Germany 34.50%,
United States 32.83%
Greece 28.53%
Portugal 25.80%
Ecuador 20.8%,
Peru 19.35%,
Estonia 17,32%
Japan 16.61%,
Canada 9.83%
Norway 6.65%
Bolivia 3.8%
Italy 0.73%
Spain 0.7%
Denmark 0.61%

Some interesting findings is that deployment depends on the large ISPs
uptake of v6 regardless of economic circumstances. e.g Peru has a lower per
capita but has more deployment than Norway. Portugal with $22,000/capita
and Greece $21,000/capita are outperforming Denmark with $60,000/capita.
Canada $45,000/capita is trailing Estonia with $19,000/capita.

In the success stories, the majority of the commercial access market
products have IPv6 enabled by default, and competing products have matching
features.

Enlightening.

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh