[afripv6-discuss] Another hurdle to v6 deployment

SM sm at resistor.net
Thu Feb 21 09:03:10 SAST 2013

Hi Andrew,
At 02:15 20-02-2013, Andrew Alston wrote:
>Again though, that's a technical viewpoint.  We talk about convincing
>managers to go v6 and propagating this up to the chain.  If the managers
>know you are running spam blocklists on v4, and you tell em you're doing it
>without those on v6, they get edgy and aren't gonna be inclined to it
>happen.  This isn't a technical issue, it's one of perception within large
>organizations.

I am not ignoring what you said.  I don't have a good answer.

I thought about the above.  The external feedback I could get you
will likely say "stay on IPv4" if technical considerations are
excluded.  Another alternative I considered is a seminar [1] but it
is unlikely that there would be any short term results.

Regards,
-sm

1. It would be expensive as it means bringing in out-of-region folks.