[afripv6-discuss] Another hurdle to v6 deployment

Guy Antony Halse g.halse at ru.ac.za
Wed Feb 20 13:40:48 SAST 2013

We have v6 MX records, and have done for ~ 5 years.

From experience I have a corollary to this. Not many spammers seem to use IPv6 (at the moment in any event). And more v6 mail is DKIM-signed than v4.

So consider the possibility  that, for now, RBLs won't add much value.

- Guy

Systems Manager, Rhodes University, Grahamstown
Sent from my cellphone - Please excuse brevity & spellingAndrew Alston <alston.networks at gmail.com> wrote:Hi All,

Hoping someone here can give me some advice.  One of the things we would REALLY like to do in a couple of places is to implement v6 MX records.  Sadly, there does not seem to be any spamcop or spamhaus support for ipv6 (I did find a statement dated June 2011 I believe stating that Spamhaus was working on a new strategy for this, but can’t seem to find any updates).

Does anyone here have any suggestions or know of any v6 RBL’s?  As much as I’m not a huge fan of these lists, I’m not gonna succeed in getting people to v6 their MX records without this tech.

Andrew