[***SPAM***] RE: [afripv6-discuss] What have you done for IPv6 lately, since the 1st of January, 2013?

Guy Antony Halse G.halse at ru.ac.za
Wed Feb 20 17:02:36 SAST 2013

On Wed 2013-02-20 (13:59), Latif LADID ("The New Internet based on IPv6") wrote:
> You don't need native to use v6 at this stage as a v6 tunnel offers exactly
> the same service at least for testing purposes. Hurricane, gogo6 (or gondle)

Joe Public DSL user isn't interested in configuring a tunnel of their own or
testing anything.  They simply want to be able to update Facebook.

So yes, tunnelling works.  I do it.  Nishal does it.  Many other geeks like
us do it.  Until ISPs do it as a matter of course on consumer CPE, it's
really not going to help with the wholesale adoption of v6 at the edge :(

- Guy
--
Manager: Systems, IT Division, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
Email: G.Halse at ru.ac.za   Web: http://mombe.org/   IRC: rm-rf at irc.atrum.org