[afripv6-discuss] What have you done for IPv6 lately, since the 1st of January, 2013?

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Feb 19 19:29:11 SAST 2013

Hi Andrew,
At 07:54 19-02-2013, Andrew Alston wrote:
>www.ufs.ac.za is IPv4 only due to a lack of V6 support in certain software
>backends, it's being worked on, and we openly acknowledge have issues on
>certain platforms that are deployed that either do not support v6, or are

Things like that are also part of IPv6 deployment in my opinion.

>fundamentally broken in the way they are.  www.tenet.ac.za I cannot speak
>for, TENET's network is v6 enabled, and that server itself *SHOULD* be v6
>enabled, I unfortunately no longer work there and haven't in more than a

Some other South African universities sites I looked up were also
IPv4 only.  Note that it is about the same for universities in the U.S.

I had discussions with people from the content side.  They
acknowledged the issues and open discussed how these issues were
fixed.  It's possible to have the same type of conversation with
people from the service provider side.  That's the what have you done angle.

Regards,
-sm