[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 Magic --- New from Microsoft --- SecureDirectAccess end to end

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 07:19:37 SAST 2009

Gents,

I know we are getting a bit off topic, but please indulge me:

On 2/21/09, marc <marc at let.de> wrote:
> > Just visit the ITU meeting participation lists and you will see that all
> > attendees from the Developing nations have a yahoo email address.
> >

>  good evening
>
>  Serious  development  conversation should  have more stringent rules like :

For the purposes of ITU work, shouldn't their work be transparent (as
in all WGs and meeting contents be publicly available a la
ICANN/IETF/RIRs).

I know it's a highly restricted "club" for telcos and their ilk, but
IF the CIA/NSA REALLY wants to know what goes on, the USG has their
own ITU reps.

For non-ITU work, of course, government officials using  free webmail
services is probably not a good idea (See Sarah Palin fiasco).

While it is true that they can use IPSec/VPN or SSL/VPN and IPv4 at
the moment, I suspect that many do not. Certainly, here in UG, the
government has been urged to get a V4 allocation, but have so far not
done so (yet AFAIK).

<snip>

>  Please note that according to the German law on data retention, information
> on every electronic information exchange with me is retained for a period of
> six months.

Yikes!

--
Cheers,