[AfrICANN-discuss] Call for topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN Statement for ICANN64

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Thu Jan 31 08:46:34 UTC 2019

Thank you Sarah for your mail.

I’m proposing here a timeline for this operation:
31/1 – 07/2 	Call for topics
       07 February        	Announcement of the selected Topic
07 - 11 February 	Call for volunteers for the drafting team
       11 February       	Announcement of the drafting team composition
11 - 18 February	Drafting of the statement (1st draft).
       18 February	Publishing of the 1st draft for comments
18 - 23 February       	Comment period for the 1st draft of the statement
23 - 28 February      	Drafting of the final version
       01 March             	Final draft published
On the other hand, and to help the community, here is a list of hot topics currently discussed in ICANN and that can be addressed by our African community:

EPDP report
Unified Access Model and Accreditation models
New gTLD Subsequent Procedures: Neustar proposal on the upcoming rounds
ICANN Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2021-2025
ICANN Operating Plan & Budget

My preference goes to New gTLD Subsequent Procedures: Neustar proposal on the upcoming rounds.

Tijani BEN JEMAA
Executive Director
Phone: +216 98 330 114
            +216 52 385 114