[AfrICANN-discuss] bad ICANN nomcom diversity - Re: ICANN 2016 Nominating Committee Announces Selections - unfortunate Africa distribution

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:15:13 UTC 2016

Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On 2 Sep 2016 5:44 p.m., "SM" <sm at resistor.net> wrote:

> I discussed about a similar question in the IETF some time back.  The ADs
have been more visible since then.

SO: While it's fine to discuss ICANN related issues on this list(including
that of AFRALO). You will see more visibility of AFRALO when you are
subscribed to the RALO WG/Lists and also follow their activities.

Regards

> At 04:51 02-09-2016, Barrack Otieno wrote:
>>
>> I responded to your email using my AFTLD hat (manager) since you needed
info on AFTLD. Be that as it may, i want to thank you and Dr. Nyirenda for
raising this issue, whereas it is a difficult conversation, we have to
confront the elephant in the room. Most of us are wearing multiple hats
because of involvement and willingness to serve, we should encourage this
so that we compete for the positions on merit.

> I didn't fully understand the concern in the initial message which Paulos
sent.  It was clearer to me after I read Walu's message.  The question
could be explored in terms of whether the rules would produce an acceptable
group demographics.