[AfrICANN-discuss] Breaking News: DotConnectAfrica Trust Wins Resounding Victory against ICANN in IRP Accountability

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Jul 13 12:41:53 UTC 2015

On Jul 13, 2015 2:34 PM, "Douglas Onyango" <ondouglas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am more concerned about the tangential, but very potent issue of how
this victory is going to shape governance at ICANN, especially with regard
to GAC advice.

> The witness testimonies, and the subsequent ruling in this case clearly
highlight gaps in how GAC and other advisory bodies advise the board and
how the board considers this advice.

> I will be keen to see the kind of changes that ICANN makes to its working
on account of this case.

Probably Douglas,  that is why ICANN started the accountability track to
see how ICANN can be made more accountable to its members.

I would not be so keen to dismiss DCA because they know have an opportunity
to go back to the drawing board, and probably negotiate with ZACR for a
revenue sharing deal. Its all about revenue isn't it?

Although I see a deliberate attempt to deny Africa access to its own
string.
> Regards,
>
> On 13 July 2015 at 14:23, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>>
>> +1 and now we move forward...
>>
>> On 13 Jul 2015 14:11, "Pierre Lotis NANKEP" <lnankep at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> The battle continues ... The truth finally surfaced ... :
>>> Breaking News: DotConnectAfrica Trust Wins Resounding Victory against
ICANN in IRP Accountability | PRLog

>>> Breaking News: DotConnectAfrica Trust Wins Resounding...
>>> Breaking News: DotConnectAfrica Trust Wins Resounding Victory against
ICANN in IRP Accountability. The DCA vs. ICANN IRP decision was issued in
Los Angeles...