[AfrICANN-discuss] Zimbabwe Holds its First DNS Workshop, Could this be a Step towards Better DNS Management?

calvin at orange-tree.alt.za calvin at orange-tree.alt.za
Thu Dec 3 08:32:59 UTC 2015

The main usefulness of a publicly available whois is as a way to get the
registry out of the litigation loop.
It also helps the registry get out of other dispute stuff which a
registry should not be involved in (content disputes etc).

Obviously, and particularly, in the case of a ccTLD, local legislation
has precedence.

--Calvin