[AfrICANN-discuss] Looking for African ccTLD costs

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Oct 2 11:11:22 UTC 2014

The prices for Kenya are available here:
http://kenic.or.ke/index.php/ke-domains/ke-charges

Note that the cost indicated below is the one charged to accredited .KE
registrars by KeNIC.Only business in Kenya are allowed to become
registrars. VAT is 16%.

   - .co.ke, .or.ke, .ne.ke - Ksh. 2000 +VAT
   - .me.ke, .go.ke, .ac.ke, .sc.ke - Ksh. 500 + VAT
   - .mobi.ke, info.ke - Ksh. 1000 +VAT
   -

   It is intended that we have a bulk registration discount system to
   encourage registrants to become re-sellers.;
   - 0 to 50 - No Discount
   - 51 to 250 - 5%
   - 251 to 500 - 7.5%
   - 501 to 1000 - 12.5%
   - 1001 to 2000 - 20%
   - over 2000 - 50%

It is also proposed that we have a system of discounts for registrants who
pay multiple years in advance as follows.

   - 2 Years Advanced Payments - 5%
   - 3 Years Advanced Payment - 15%
   - 4 Years Advanced Payment - 20%
   - 5 Years Advanced Payment - 25%

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson