[AFRI-Discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] Theme for a Joint Meeting AFRALO/AfrICANN at ICANN 51

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Sat Aug 30 12:12:09 SAST 2014

You don't get it, right?

It's not about "community". It is about individual entities.

What happens to your IPv4/6 addresses?

What happens to your domain name?

Nobody knows.

What impact does any/all of that have on your company's credit rating? Some of us do their books in accordance with GAAP or IFRS. Do we have to reflect any of this in our books?

"Community" does not address any of this.

And the joint letter to ICANN basically means that this process is dead in the water.

Remember, this not a process to transfer the IANA functions under ICANN's control, ICANN is the convener for the process to transfer the IANA functions to a multi stakeholder model.

Staff is not doing ICANN a favor by laying the groundwork to allow for legal challenges should ICANN get them.

el

Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini