[AFRI-Discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] Theme for a Joint Meeting AFRALO/AfrICANN at ICANN 51

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Sat Aug 30 09:44:15 SAST 2014

This was written by parties that have or *ARE* invested in the ICANN
process, ie who have sxomething to loose from this power grab
attempt.

Even if the only interest one has is being a PDP terms like
"Analysis Paralysis" do not make sense, and there is ABSIOULTELY
NOTHING Africa-specific in the transtion, this process at least
should lend itself so well to our usual logorrhea.

You should not even wait until October to endorse this. I do.
And so does ALAC.

el

On 2014-08-30, 08:05 , Barrack Otieno wrote:
> Many thanks Dr. Fuller,
>
> I have looked at the text and there is a lot of sense in so far as
> the issues raised by the stakeholders are concerned, they are well
> thought out and articulated, i was just looking at it from another
> perspective.
>
> Thank you for the quick turnaround.
>
> Regards
>
> On 8/30/14, Ben Fuller <abutiben at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Barrack,
>>
>> Perhaps, but we should seriously consider joining all the other
>> communities.  Scroll down to the bottom of the article where the
>> full text of the joint letter sent to ICANN is posted.  We should
>> focus on that text.
>>
>> Ben
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Barrack Otieno
>> <otieno.barrack at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dr Fuller,
>>>
>>> You raise a very pertinent issue while i am in agreement with
>>> you, i also think we have to be wary of decisions that will over
>>> engineer decision making processes within ICANN since this could
>>> result in some analysis paralysis sort of scenario, what is your
>>> take?
>>>
>>> Just a thought.
>>>[...]
PO Box 8421             \     /